RIM has formally released the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion solution which also comprises the Universal gadget Service. Like the BlackBerry gadget Service offers a set of security and management features for BlackBerry gadgets, the Universal gadget Service offers Mobile gadget Management for iOS and Android based gadgets.
So what is the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion? Well for starters it’s a mobile gadget management suite and those of you who utilize the BlackBerry Enterprise Servers, will be capable to control all gadgets associated to their network together with iOS and Android.
The features of the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion include:
- Activate and configure devices and profiles over the air
- Enable access to enterprise Mail, Calendar and PIM
- Administer users and groups, natively and directory based
- Establish corporate IT Policies and Security
- Manage lost devices – Password Reset, Device Lock, Device Wipe
- Set Wi-Fi and VPN settings
- Deploy internally-developed apps
- Define (and enforce) public applications as mandatory or optional
- Provides Notifications to the Device User
- Provides Rooting & Jailbreak Detection
- Help manage Roaming to control your data costs
- Prevent apps from accessing corporate mail accounts